Chair Upholstery can be the perfect way to rescue one of your favorite chairs. Chair upholstery seems like a great way to refresh your home, so what is holding you back? You may be wondering how much it costs to reupholster a chair. You may even be debating between the costs of re-upholstery or buying new.
Is it Cheaper to reupholster or Buy New?
When to Reupholster
· The reupholstering cost is less than the total cost of buying a new piece of furniture (consider the cost of protection plans, delivery and assembly fees associated with buying new furniture)
· The piece of furniture holds a sentimental value that is irreplaceable: a family heirloom, antique, furniture that you love
· The piece of furniture is expensive and customized
· The fabric or padding is worn out or stained
· The furniture is older with a solid, handcrafted wood frame that was built to last longer than cheaper, mass-produced furniture
· The furniture is out of style and doesn’t match the look of the rest of the home
· You want to customize the look, feel, and style of existing furniture
When to Buy New
· The furniture was cheap and low-quality to begin with
· You don’t like the style of the existing piece of furniture
· The furniture has no sentimental value
· The piece of furniture is too large or too small for space
· If the frame isn’t well-built or has significant structural damage
· If reupholstering is more expensive and you are on a limited budget
· If the current chair you own is not the right fit for your body type
Now you have a better idea of when to buy a new chair or when to reupholster your chair. For more queries stay in touch with one of our experts from home upholstery today!